Welcome to Grace
Beginning June 21st through September 6th we will be switching to a summer service schedule. The Sunday 8 am and 10 am services will be consolidated into one service held at 9am. The Saturday 5 pm evening service will remain unchanged.
On behalf of the Grace Episcopal Church community I want to welcome you to our website. We are a vibrant community that seeks to serve Christ in all people. Our motto is “Whoever you are, wherever you are on your journey of faith, come to the holy table and receive the supper of the Lamb.” This is our ministry – and our weekly invitation to communion – and we mean it.
So if you are looking for a new church community or coming to visit us for the first time know that you are welcome here at Grace!!
Our main service on Sunday is at 10:00am. We offer quieter services at 8:00am Sundays and on Saturdays at 5:00pm in All Saints’ Chapel. During the week we worship on Wednesdays at 10:00am.
Grace Church is handicap accessible and conveniently located at the corner of County and School Streets, on the edge of historic downtown New Bedford, just minutes from Dartmouth, Fairhaven, and surrounding areas.
If you would like to know more or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
May Christ’s Peace be with you,
Rev. Christopher Morck+
Whoever you are, wherever you are on your journey of faith,
the grace of God is for you.
Learn more about our clergy, staff, and vestry that lead Grace Church.
Read about the church's interesting history dating back to 1833, as well as the important ministries currently happening in New Bedford.
Click here to listen to recent sermons from Reverend Chris Morck.
E-News for the Week of
E-News for the week of August 30th has been posted. It can be found at http://gracechurchnb.org/e-news-for-the-week/
E-News for the Week of
Don’t miss the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus in concert at the ‘Z’!
Tickets on Sale Now!
Co-sponsored by Grace Episcopal Church and the Zeiterion Theater, the performance will be held at the 'Z' on Sunday, March 6, at 3 pm.
Advance tickets for preferred seating go on sale today, August 14 through Thursday, August 20 for members of Grace Churchand the Zeiterion. Tickets are $35, $25 and $15 and can be purchased from the Zeiterion Box Office by telephone at 508-994-2900 or in person; sorry, no online advance sales.
Box Office hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 am to 5 pm and on Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm.
Over the next weeks, parking at Grace will become a bit more challenging. Either late this week or early next week, the contractor working on the Tower is expected to fence in a staging area in the upper lot, next to the church, which will encompass the four parking spots nearest to County Street. We expect that staging area to be in place until approximately mid-November. Our remaining three parking spaces in the upper lot will be reserved for handicapped parking, enabling those with mobility challenges to have parking available by the ramp.
There are two additional handicapped spots on the south side of the church, off School Street. At the same time, reconstruction work continues on the lower level of Grace House with construction contractors often parked in that area during the week. We anticipate that work should be complete by the end of September.
Although "on property" parking is limited at this time, we have many wonderful neighbors who allow us to utilize their parking areas during specific times of the week. Please note the following availability of alternate parking areas when attending services or events at Grace:
- The Wamsutta Club, across County St., allows us to use their parking lot on Sunday mornings. Additionally, when special events occur at Grace we are able to work with the Club to secure additional parking spots for those times.
- The Inter-Church Council, 412 County St., allows us to utilize their parking lot during the weekend. During the week, they have agreed to let us use some of their parking spaces, requesting that we use spaces past the carriage house, on the bottom or left of the lot, when available. This area is within a block of the church.
- The Registry of Motor Vehicles parking lot, at the Spring St entrance to the RMV, is available for use on Saturdays and Sundays and after business hours during the week. This option is also within a block of the church.
- The Samuel Rodman House, on the corner of County and Spring Sts., allows us to utilize their parking spaces for Saturday evening and Sunday morning services. This includes spaces next to that building and east of the building.
- Finally, there is abundant on-street parking available, especially for services on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Much of it is not metered. The metered parking on nearby streets is free for use on Sundays, holidays and evenings after 6 pm.
We encourage those of us who are more mobile and familiar with the area around the church to park in the areas away from the church building. This allows those who are less mobile, and visitors unfamiliar with the area, to use the parking spaces closer to the building.