Welcome to Grace
Beginning June 21st through September 6th we will be switching to a summer service schedule. The Sunday 8 am and 10 am services will be consolidated into one service held at 9am. The Saturday 5 pm evening service will remain unchanged.
On behalf of the Grace Episcopal Church community I want to welcome you to our website. We are a vibrant community that seeks to serve Christ in all people. Our motto is “Whoever you are, wherever you are on your journey of faith, come to the holy table and receive the supper of the Lamb.” This is our ministry – and our weekly invitation to communion – and we mean it.
So if you are looking for a new church community or coming to visit us for the first time know that you are welcome here at Grace!!
Our main service on Sunday is at 10:00am. We offer quieter services at 8:00am Sundays and on Saturdays at 5:00pm in All Saints’ Chapel. During the week we worship on Wednesdays at 10:00am.
Grace Church is handicap accessible and conveniently located at the corner of County and School Streets, on the edge of historic downtown New Bedford, just minutes from Dartmouth, Fairhaven, and surrounding areas.
If you would like to know more or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
May Christ’s Peace be with you,
Rev. Christopher Morck+
Whoever you are, wherever you are on your journey of faith,
the grace of God is for you.
Learn more about our clergy, staff, and vestry that lead Grace Church.
Read about the church's interesting history dating back to 1833, as well as the important ministries currently happening in New Bedford.
Click here to listen to recent sermons from Reverend Chris Morck.
E-News for the Week of
Ninth Sunday after Pentecost Sermon – July 26th, 2015 – The Rev. Chris Morck
TO ALL SUBDEACONS, EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS, LECTORS, ACOLYTES, ACOLYTE PARENTS, GREETERS & USHERS
The next schedule will run from September 12–November28. This schedule includes several Special services where extra lay ministers may be needed:
- October 4: Blessing of the Animals all Acolytes are usually scheduled.
- Saturday October 10 at 4:00pm: The Institution of our new Rector.
- October 25: Acolyte Sunday when all new Acolytes and Lay Ministers will be commissioned.
There are also three New Acolyte Classes at 9:00 a.m. on September20 & 26, and October 18, when some senior Acolytes will be scheduled as Mentors. If you have restrictions as to which Sundays you can serve, or requests to serve on certain Sundays or have a pattern that you wish us to follow; please let the Verger know by August 10 by emailing him at GTCroteau@comcast.net, or leaving a message at 508 993-3048.
USHERS please contact Gerry Lopes at Glopes1945@comcast.net.
Over the next weeks, parking at Grace will become a bit more challenging. Either late this week or early next week, the contractor working on the Tower is expected to fence in a staging area in the upper lot, next to the church, which will encompass the four parking spots nearest to County Street. We expect that staging area to be in place until approximately mid-November. Our remaining three parking spaces in the upper lot will be reserved for handicapped parking, enabling those with mobility challenges to have parking available by the ramp.
There are two additional handicapped spots on the south side of the church, off School Street. At the same time, reconstruction work continues on the lower level of Grace House with construction contractors often parked in that area during the week. We anticipate that work should be complete by the end of September.
Although "on property" parking is limited at this time, we have many wonderful neighbors who allow us to utilize their parking areas during specific times of the week. Please note the following availability of alternate parking areas when attending services or events at Grace:
- The Wamsutta Club, across County St., allows us to use their parking lot on Sunday mornings. Additionally, when special events occur at Grace we are able to work with the Club to secure additional parking spots for those times.
- The Inter-Church Council, 412 County St., allows us to utilize their parking lot during the weekend. During the week, they have agreed to let us use some of their parking spaces, requesting that we use spaces past the carriage house, on the bottom or left of the lot, when available. This area is within a block of the church.
- The Registry of Motor Vehicles parking lot, at the Spring St entrance to the RMV, is available for use on Saturdays and Sundays and after business hours during the week. This option is also within a block of the church.
- The Samuel Rodman House, on the corner of County and Spring Sts., allows us to utilize their parking spaces for Saturday evening and Sunday morning services. This includes spaces next to that building and east of the building.
- Finally, there is abundant on-street parking available, especially for services on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Much of it is not metered. The metered parking on nearby streets is free for use on Sundays, holidays and evenings after 6 pm.
We encourage those of us who are more mobile and familiar with the area around the church to park in the areas away from the church building. This allows those who are less mobile, and visitors unfamiliar with the area, to use the parking spaces closer to the building.